Snips and Snails and Puppy Dogs Tails

Good Morning
 
Are you at Dog or Cat Lover?
 
Our Elaine definitely loves her Dogs and has created this project
 
Products used are available to buy on the Craftexcess website.
 
Nit wit collection - Tail Wags
 
 You will also need (from Elaine's Stash)

Lindsay Mason - paws cardstock  

plain card 5x5 square

Heart shaped die
Memento ink pad
Promarkers
Foam Pads
Silicone Glue
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Vintage photo.


Step 1 
I wanted to check to see if the heart shaped die would be big enough to show the dog house, as I wanted to create my own aperture card. If you use the acetate that comes with the stamps which has the images on you can place the die over it to see if it will fit.
 
Step 2
I then covered a 5x5 square card with the paw print that comes with the kit and place the die over where I wanted to cut it using my big shot machine.

Step 3
I then stamped onto some of the card stock to create my own doggy house, I've then cut this out and I've used foam pads on the back and adhered to inside of the card where I have covered it using Lindsay Mason paw paper.
 
 

 
Step 4 
Next I wanted to write the name of a dog over the house so I stamped the sign part onto white cardstock and cut it out and used foam pads to stick onto the doggy house...it would of been rude not to use one of my dogs names.
 
Step 5 
I wanted to create my own embellishments for the front of the card, so I stamped out some of the images.
 
I stamped the dog image out using momento ink as it is compatible with alcohol ink pens, such as promarkers, but you could colour this in with any other medium you have. I also stamped the head of the dog, coloured it in and cut it out and used silicone glue to give it a 3D effect.
 
Step 6 
I stamped onto the cardstock that came with the kit, cut them out and 3D them onto the card and arranged them until happy with the layout. 

 
Step 7
This is the end result of the heart aperture card.

 
Step 8 - Matching tag 
With the die cut that was left I made a matching tag. I used a die cut topper of the same image, but you could stamp him out and colour him to what you wish. I have them used Tim Holtz, vintage photo to distress around the edges (this has also been done on the card)  and placed a die cut border from the kit and 3D the dog image onto the tag, the idea of the border is to give him somewhere to land, rather than look like he is floating.

 
Step 9
I've then added some garden twine to the tag with a bow and used one of the die cut toppers saying dog-gone cute to the tag. I also added a bit of the garden twine to the card. This is the finished tag.
 
Aren't these just beautiful?
 
Thank you for stopping by Today!
 
 


Comments

  1. Such a gorgeous cute card... think I am going to have to buy these stamps as the dog stamp reminds me of my own dog... thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water Boy Canvas

Love Birds

Viva Decor Blog Candy