Watercolour Ink Cards

Good Morning Crafters
 
Today we have a beautiful project from Tracey
 
Products Tracey has used can be found on the Personal Impressions website.
 
You will need the following to create this project:
 
Sweet Dixie – Clear Stamp set – Flower Frenzy
Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Various colours – choice is yours
Watercolour card
White Card Stock
Versafine Black Ink Pad
Water Brush Pen
Acrylic Blocks – Various small ones
All available from all good craft stores
 
I have been loving all the latest watercolour style cards and when I saw this stamp set deigned by Lindsay Mason I knew exactly what I wanted to try with it. So here we go…
Step 1 
4 Watercolour Ink Cards 2 & 3
Firstly take an A4 sheet of watercolour card stock and cut into 4 panels measuring 9.5cm x 13.8cm
You need the thick style card due to the water so any inexpensive watercolour card would do.
 

 
Step 2
I firstly stamped using a water resistant ink (I used Versafine) the Friends sentiment from the set on to the centre of each of the 4 panels.
 
 
Step 3
Now I took the flowers from the set (just the flower head ones) and placed on my acrylic blocks and began to randomly stamp them on the panels in the black in again. Now this can be as uniform as you like and don’t be afraid to stamp off the panel for an added effect. Repeat this on all 4 panels.


 
Step 4
 
Now the fun bit, Take your water brush pen and use it with your distress inks and begin painting the ink on to the flowers. I went for a bit of a bright colour scheme and used pink, orange and green. Once you have done all 4 panels allow them to dry before the next stage.



 
 
Step 5
I decided to just simply adhere them to plain white card stock blanks that are A6 size but you could make them into a fantastic larger sized card. I have done this as one of my next projects will be to make a holder for them and send them as a gift to someone like a notelet holder.


 
The finished cards, watch out for the next instalment as to what I create as a gift with these cards!
Thank you for stopping by Today!


Comments

  1. Lovely project but I was concerned to see the photo showing the water brush picking up ink directly from the ink pad. You should never do this as you will harm your Distress pads.You should swipe the pad onto a non stick surface and pick the ink up from there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water Boy Canvas

Love Birds

Viva Decor Blog Candy